14 April 2010

Making the most of Tesco Rewards Tokens

My local supermarket is Tesco. I use a Tesco Clubcard card if I purchase goods from the store or petrol from the garage. Using the Clubcard generates 'rewards' which can be spent in the form of Clubcard Vouchers in-store or exchanged for Rewards Tokens.

Clubcard Vouchers can be spent at face-value in the store - so a £5 voucher can be used to buy wine, flowers, groceries, etc and sometimes twice the face value can be used to purchase specific items, clothes, dvds for example, so £5 becomes £10....!

However, Clubcard Vouchers can be exchanged for Rewards Tokens and I think these are excellent value for money. Rewards Tokens are issued for up to four times face value and can be used for family fun days out, activities and sports, annual memberships, books, magazine subscriptions and much more.

Recently I have received tokens (as a present) in the form of cinema tickets and have given tokens (as presents) in the form of annual magazine subscriptions, meals at a lovely Italian restaurant and entrance fees for a family of six at a theme park...! (£17.50s worth of vouchers generated £70 towards entry into Lightwater Valley theme park making a day out possible rather than price-prohibitive).

Now I'm saving my tokens, which arrive quarterly, for Christmas. I know I'll be able to exchange them for gifts I couldn't otherwise afford.

I don't get all my groceries from Tesco but I do try to purchase my petrol there and my utility bills also contribute to my Tesco spend. As a result I feel the reward tokens are a genuine bonus.... they do feel like something for nothing. I don't think I'm having to spend 'more' just to get the tokens. If you haven't got a Tesco Clubcard I really do believe it's worth getting one and using it each time you shop there. The pounds do mount up and over a year I probably 'earn' approximately £30 in rewards which is £30 off the cost of something bought in store or £120 if exchanged some of the hundreds of 'Rewards'.

No comments:

Post a Comment